The RAS subscribes to the principles and good practices of the Data Protection Act 1998, with regard to safe-guarding your personal details. Here is a summary of some of the practices that we have put in place in order to best protect your information.
- The RAS will never send your username and password in the same email.
- We do not store credit card details.
- Sensitive personal data is stored using sophisticated encryption.
- Your contact details are only made available to the membership officer, and any other internal member of staff on a need to know basis.
- Your details are never given to any third party.
- You are able to view your personal details at any time, in order to confirm their accuracy.
- All data between this website and any browser is encrypted in transit to prevent a 'man in the middle' attack.